Skip to main content

Is this the right direction?

This is my first post in this forum. (This place is really starting to take shape :cool: ) I would like to talk about the future of the "native" DAW. Specifically how this new crop of DSP cards will impact and improve the native experience. As you know, a whirlwind of manufacturers are soon to release their own DSP cards (i.e.

AES-31?

Does anybody have insight in the file exchange format AES-31?
Where is it at now?
Do you think that'll become a practical reality? Will the manufacturers embrace this format fully?
As far as I know Sadie is the first system to announce support for this file format.
Have I missed something?

Please enlighten me!

Best regards,
Fredrik Lidin

home studio acoustics

It seems that everyone here has to deal with this eventually -- what are your tricks to tame small rectangular room problems?

I find smatterings of details for room treatments involving Owens Corning 703, but very few details on actual implementations.

What are people doing for a low cost solution? Are you hiring consultants to measure your rooms?

Small Steps - A Beginner's Guide To Pro Recording.

Hopefully, this will be a place where you can put some professional recording techniques into your own studio setup, whether it's in your bedroom, the basement, or your garage. It's gonna be about getting good sound for cheap, tricks you can use to improve your sound, and how to get more out of the equipment you already have.

Pro Tools-Mackie OR ADATs-Trident 80B

I have two choices to upgrade(its a slow process)...A better console (Trident 80B) or full blown Pro Tools mix plus with G4, etc... Which combination would draw more business (or less)? A Mackie with Pro Tools or a Trident 80B with ADAT HD24? We already have thorough selection highend outboard and mics and A/D conversion, so the front end is taken care of.