Skip to main content

hello all I am looking at getting an effects rack to replace my Ensoniq Dp4+ for home recording. the dp4 is a bit too noisy and I would like something a little bit more cutting edge with a good delay and reverb. I have looked into the Lexicon Pcm 70 as well as the G Major any thoughts or recommendations?

thanks
Brock

new progressive breaks tune
http://www.electrom…

Comments

sdelsolray Fri, 12/10/2004 - 08:26

leftcoastproductions wrote: hello all I am looking at getting an effects rack to replace my Ensoniq Dp4+ for home recording......the dp4 is a bit too noisy and I would like something a little bit more cutting edge with a good delay and reverb....I have looked into the Lexicon Pcm 70 as well as the G Major any thoughts or recommendations?

thanks
Brock

I've used the TC M2000 for a couple of years. It's a very nice midlevel unit for studio or live use. Lotsa features. The verbs are very nice. If you buy used, make sure you get the Mark II version (serial # starts with "111"), as this is a better unit than the Mark I. Also, be advised that the SPDIF uses a true 24 bit work length, even though 20 bit is quoated in the specs.

The M3000 is almost the same but includes the VVS 3 verbs, quite an improvement. The M3000 is currently on sale for the street price of $999, instead of the usual $1,450 or so. That sale will end at some point per the TC tech I talked to.

AudioGaff Fri, 12/10/2004 - 09:51

The M2000 was a real break through unit in terms of reverb quailty for price and size as it was basicly a mini TC M5000. TC reverb has a lighter, less dense reverb than those from Lexicon. It is more of a matter of different than which is better and I find that I need and want the flavor or character of both available to me to choose from.

anonymous Sun, 12/12/2004 - 09:29

Audiogaff you've been more than helpful I appreciate your time :D

I took a look at the Eventides and realize there is no way I can afford any of these units except maybe the 3000.....even so I think I am going to pick up this M2000 for $300 I figure I can't go wrong in that I can resell it if I am not happy with it.......what are your thoughts on comparing the M2000 to say the Waves and Izotope plug-ins? that is what I have been using primarily for all things other than compression

Brock

ps where in Silicon Valley are you?