Skip to main content

I've been looking into these units for awhile but I'm not sure which to choose. In the past I've used Lexicon reverbs a lot because I like them but I've heard the M3000 demo CD and it sounds pretty good.

Can anyone give some insight into these units? How do they sound in practice? Do they sound decent out of the box or do they take a lot of reprogramming? How are their interfaces (I hate having to mess around with complicated reverb menus... what a pain!).

Thanks everyone!

Comments

trock Mon, 03/21/2005 - 11:27

i have the M3000 and am selling it. it has great sounds, has the dual engines with tons of different routing capabilites etc. VERY easy right out of the box, heck the manual is only 40 or so pages of which you need 20 to get rolling

I have used this in my direct signal chain and as an insert routed effect from my DAW

both very easy to set up and do

i can't remark on the lexicon but have heard very good things about it also

the unit i have is 4 months old and has rarely been used, for about 3 songs total. still have the boxes/manual etc, smoke free studio etc

if you decide this is the one for you drop me a line at

timmallick@zoominternet.net

and we can talk

thanks

anonymous Mon, 03/21/2005 - 15:51

In my opinion those boxes are both beautiful and very different.
I like very much the 3000's sound.
The 91 is the typical very nice lexicon sound you can't go wrong with, maybe less transparent then the 3000 but in some way it "sits" better in a crowded mix, while the 3000 sometimes gets a bit lost.
They both have plenty of presets, many of those extremely usable without too much messing around.
For me the 3000's interface and editing are much more simple and you can split it in two different units with independent sounds.
Anyway....I ended up buying both of them. First I bought the Lexicon but after a few months I was missing too much the tc sound and so.....
I don't think you can go wrong whatever you'll decide to buy.
Maybe the best thing to do is going to a shop, try both of them and let your feeling decide.

AudioGaff Tue, 03/22/2005 - 14:28

As has been said, two different things. Each has strength and weakness. I prefer the PCM91 for most reverb, but then PCM91 isn't really all that it is supposed to be. In my work I often find that need to have both types (and more) of reverb available to me. I don't forsee that chainging in the near future.