Skip to main content

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help. Got my 02R96 V2 out of it's box today after not using it for some time. It was working fine the last time I used it, but today it's acting kinda strange.

Screen comes on when powered up and it looks like it's running through it's boot routine. Screen is glitchy, plus when the loading bar reaches the end I get the following message:

ASSERT: file xmalloc.c line 269

Have googled it, but no hits.

Anyone seen this before?

Many thanks,

O.

PS: I tried to reinstall the firmware and it seemed to load OK. No errors shown by the PC or desk.

Topic Tags

Comments

Boswell Fri, 01/10/2020 - 23:13

I have an 01V96 rather than an 02R, but they share a similar construction. I don't use mine much these days, but I do remember getting a boot error many years ago. All I had to do to cure it was to re-seat the EEPROM on the processor board in its socket, as one of the pins had developed a poor connection.

Boswell Mon, 01/13/2020 - 03:23

I've managed to find an 02R96 manual online, but not the V2.

In the original 02R96, the EPROM is flash memory and not socketed EEPROM, so my previous comment about re-seating the EEPROM does not apply directly. However, I see that the CPU1 board is a plug-in sub-module of the DSP board, so it's worth re-seating the whole CPU1 board in its socket in case there are contact problems on that connector. It's possible the V2 is different in this respect.