Skip to main content

Hi guys. Just wanted your opinions on which monitors you guys would go with. Been saving for a long time and want to buy monitors that will last me for many years and these two look like good selections for near fields:

http://www.Genelec.com/products/2-way-monitors/1032a/

I am open to any suggestions you guys have.

Any info appreciated.

P.S. Do you think the Genelecs are some of the best in their price range, or are there other monitors I should be looking at?

Comments

AudioGaff Tue, 10/07/2008 - 20:17

Interesting, I have never really liked any KRK I have heard.

The new and older Genelec's are different enough that they are not a fair comparison to one another other than they are made by the same company.

The 1032's are big enough to not really be near field monitors. The 8200 series all fit in the near field criteria. If you really need near field, the 8200 series from Genelec is great choice.

The monitors from ADAM are also very good and worth a listen. If your going to spen that much money and expect them to last as long as you say, you owe to yourself to listen to all that your are intersted in.

While I am both a Genelec and JBL owner and user of both for many years, I am not that much of a fan of the modern JBL, but do like them more than the Budah style from recent years past.

This subject has been discussed in great detail thousands of times in the last few years. A use of the search engine would be a wise use of time