Skip to main content

i'm trying to transfer a song i recorded from my br-1600 to my computer, and i'm using midi because it's the only jack on my sound card other than RCA, which would reduce the sound quality if i used it.

i'm using sonic foundry acid and have it setup to record in midi, and everything else on the computer is ready; it's the br-1600 itself i'm having trouble with. all that it outputs is a goofy drum and bass track, which i've never even heard or seen on this console before. i have no idea how to change what the console is outputting now to the tracks i actually performed. can anyone help me out here?

Topic Tags

Comments

pr0gr4m Wed, 02/22/2006 - 20:18

OK...

MIDI DATA IS NOT AUDIO!

It is computer data....not analog audio and not digital audio. it's just computer data. Ever see a player piano? It reads holes on a roll of paper to play music. MIDI is the electronic version of that roll of paper. It stores where notes are played, how long their held, what velocity they should play at and a bunch of other things. But it is not actual audio.

So there is no chance in hell that you are going to get your audio from your BR to your computer using the MIDI cable.

What you have recorded to your BR is audio and you will need to use an AUDIO interface to get it into your computer.

This means taking the stereo outputs from the BR and running them to that RCA jack on your soundcard (if that is an audio input). Then you will be able transfer your audio from your BR to the computer.

pr0gr4m Thu, 02/23/2006 - 22:35

Now hold on there just a minute cowpoke...

I did not look at the spec for that unit when I wrote my post. But I just had a look at it now, and there IS a way for you to transfer your audio from the BR to your computer WITHOUT using the audio connections.

It has a USB port and according to the information I found, you can transfer audio to and from the computer using that USB port.

So, get rid of the MIDI cable and pick up a USB one and you should be good to go.

Edward Delgadillo Fri, 12/11/2020 - 16:53

shredz, post: 189520, member: 24811 wrote: and transfering by usb with the 1600 will take forever!
theres a program available that makes it all easier and written just for the pathetic transfer capabilities of the 1600...check it out.

http://topsoundproductions.home.att.net/Products.htm

Hold on even further "Poky Cows" save your song to the CD burner that's on the unit and then take the little ting to the computer put it in like toast and watch it come up and walla..... your song on a format your computer can read.!!!!!!!!!

x

User login