Skip to main content

I have just heard that there is some software that will allow you to use a Studio5 with a MPC2000, with complete control over all keyboards connected to the Studio5... without the use of a computer. Is this true? If so, how would one go about setting this up? TIA. :w:

Topic Tags

Comments

Ang1970 Tue, 02/05/2002 - 04:53

Originally posted by Nate Tschetter:
Ah yes, then this is possible. The Studio 5 has "patch memory" and you can assign routings from the Mac.

Excellent! Ok, now what program is needed to get there? Would that be like SoundDiver or something? Also, this guy has a few e-mu pieces (maybe I should put this in a different post) and they don't play by the same patch change rules as everyone else. How do you recommend setting those up?

However, you'd still be limited to 16 * (however many seperate ports on the MPC) I/O streams.

A&B MIDI outs on the MPC2k, for total 32 chan of MIDI.

This is one advantage of the MTP2 and AV, you can program them from the front panel.

That would be a good way to go, however the guy already has a Studio5. He used to use it with Opcode Studio Vision Pro before he got the MPC... which is so much more straightforward than SVP it turns out to be a better creative tool for him. So the Studio5's been sitting idle in the rack for a couple years now. In that time he's been adding more keyboards, but the MPC hasn't grown any new MIDI out's. hehe

Thanks Nate, you rock! :w:

Nate Tschetter Tue, 02/05/2002 - 08:21

Hi Angelo

Its all quite foggy as I sold my Studio 5 a coupla years ago but wouldn't you know it...I have the manual right here in my hot little hands!

There's a program called "OMS/Studio 5 Setup" that you use to create all your patches. There's not much more to it than defining sources and patching them to destinations. You can insert various modules in between to do stuff like note limit, controller transform, etc. For your application, you'd insert a "channel splitter" to route the incoming MIDI channel to an outgoing channel plus port.

If you want the manual, let me know. I MAY even have the program around here. I'm trying to make space for an Ondes Martenot.