Skip to main content

Hello.

I've got two M-audio Profire 2626. I was planning to record some music with a friend with these interfaces and my Windows desktop PC. Using Reaper.
I was setting up the two units to co-operate through TOSlink. The first unit was running as master, the other as slave. It was working very well, and Reaper detected all 16 channels.
The next day i moved the setup to the studio, and connected everything in the same way. I could not get the setup to work, I tried for hours, it wouldn't work. When I connected the master device to the PC, and oppened the Profire control panel, the control panel was showing a dialog box with this text. "No M-audio Profire device could be found". The devices were blinking red. I Tried again and again, didn't work. I did try with another PC, same issue. MAYBE the issue is that both of the units are running as slave, and can't find a master device, I don't know...;) I ended up borrowing some gear from a friend, but I really want to get this to work:-)

Any help will be appreciated!

Comments

Kasper Mon, 11/13/2017 - 12:09

pcrecord, post: 453982, member: 46460 wrote: If the drivers can't see the unit it's either the Drivers themself or the usb/firewire cable..
I remember they were picky on cables..

You should try to start with just the master connected and wait for it to register.. then powerup the slave..

Yes, I've tried with another cable and another PC, and I've also tried to reinstall the driver software.
I did try to connect them separately. Nothing worked.

Kasper Mon, 11/13/2017 - 12:13

Boswell, post: 453984, member: 29034 wrote: To use the second 2626 connected via lightpipe to the first one, you will have had it in stand-alone mode. Check that you are not trying to use this one as the host (master) in your re-connected configuration.

As far as I know, the only way to change the mode on the unit, is via the driver software, which I can't acces because it doesn't recognize the units.