Skip to main content

well, the title is quite straightforward... if you had to decide between these two, specially for recording vocals or instruments into a condenser mic and not get sound filtering out of them, which would you choose?

cheers!

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Mon, 01/31/2011 - 04:33

Some of us are Sennheiser loyalists. Others are AKG loyalists. If headphones are killer loud, you're going to hear some bleed from the headphones if you solo the vocal track. This is normal and it is what downward expanders & noise gates are designed to deal with. This is never been a problem recording any kind of hits. Would you like to hear how much music track bleed are on some lead Beatles vocal tracks? It's there. They dealt with it.

The Sennheiser HD 202's are cheap, fit well, fit tightly. And the important part is, they are cheap.
Mx. Remy Ann David

RemyRAD Mon, 01/31/2011 - 19:50

The difference is basically like Ford versus Chevy. I like the Sennheiser sound better than I like the AKG sound. In a certain respect, I'm being inconsistent. I love both AKG & Sennheiser when it comes to microphones. But the AKG cans just never have been able to speak to me like the Sennheiser's. 414 headphone that I have been using since I got my first pair at 14 and I'm now 55. KOSS PRO 4 & 4A's were also popular back in the early 1970s. And I still have some of those also. Personally, I find it almost impossible to mix upon sealed ear headphones even though I have & do. But for listening purposes, I really prefer the open air types. Either way, you'll freakily find that you're going to have plenty of opportunities to try out plenty of headphones throughout your life. The funny thing is, you'll probably never forget your earlier first pairs. And yeah, the HD 202's have the wires under each can. And they have 2 conductor polarized connectors on them. So when the cable is completely screwed, it'll only cost you a few bucks for a new cable and you get to keep the headphones as a gift! How cool is that?

I always brush with Sennheiser's
Mx. Remy Ann David