Skip to main content

Hi guys...
'm using a Tyan Tiger MP with 2x 1600+ with a LAYLA20 sound card. it's not working Veryyy stable as my old Dual PIII 700 on my ASUS P2B-D was..
i installed ( formated ) WinXP SP1, Layla20 WDM ( tested the old VXD driver too ) and installed Nuendo ( 1.53, 1.6, 1.61 ) + Waves 4.0 + Timeworks Millenium Pack

Sometimes Nuendo Crashes, SomeTimes it will not even open, some projects will make Nuendo To Crash, some projects makes nuendo to Quit without any error while openning those projects.

Is there any Driver update i should install to make this setup more stable ? This instability can be the Waves Plugs ? ( all projects have them )... any idea what's that problem ?

Any one using Tyan Stable with Nuendo?
Thx a lot

Cheers.
PG

Comments

Opus2000 Wed, 03/05/2003 - 16:54

Hey PG!
I don't think this is a motherboard issue here but a driver issue indeed. Somewhere there is a setting that is most likely trying to default the driver to a 32bit system instead. I've seen this before. I would look into the ASIO MME setup for Nuendo and see about taking as much of the layla out of that setup as possible. Maybe have only the SPDIF activated as the sync master input...
Cheers
Opus

Opus2000 Sat, 03/08/2003 - 16:13

Yup, exaclty. I'll get in touch with my buddy who had pretty much the same exact problem. There's something with the waves setup or something of that nature where the MME is not set correctly or is in a 32 bit mode. Something strange like that.
I'll let you know when I find out what it was
Cheers
Opus