Skip to main content

analog mixdown decks

The gear forum has vanished, so I'll try again here. Looking into purchasing a good solid analog mixdown deck in the (relatively) near future. An ATR would be beyond my means or my needs, I believe, and I've already been told solid machines can be found for under $1000, maintenance and setup included. 1/4" 15 ips is fine by me, which makes the pickings pretty easy.

Need PROTOOLS help?

I have a screamin' PC with NT on it right now. (933 PIII coppermine w/512 mhz SDRAM SCSI RAID O) I want to buy Pro Tools but want to use it with this computer. My main concern is tranferability between my computer (.WAV file) and a MAC at another studio (SDII files). Other than the obvious ethernet, is Pro Tools able to read and convert files from one computer to the other and vice versa?

Need PROTOOLS help?

I have a screamin PC with NT on it right now. (933 PIII coppermine w/512 mhz SDRAM SCSI RAID O) I want to buy Pro Tools but want to use it with this computer. My main concern is tranferability between my computer (.WAV file) and a MAC at another studio (SDII files). Other than the obvious ethernet, is Pro Tools able to read and convert files from one computer to the other and vice versa?

The day the clouds parted...

Seems that one day we all of a sudden "get it". For me it was when in like 1985-86, I was engineering at Mission Control Studios on Boylston St. in Boston.

Jimmy Miller was Producing a 'Buddy Guy' record for Motown, and Joe Perry came in to do some guitar overdubs. This was one of my first times working with Jimmy, so I didn't really understand the way he worked.

x

User login