The DX168 is a rugged, portable expander for adding remote I/O to a dLive S Class or dLive C Class system.
Each DX168 features 16 mic preamps with independent Phantom Power LED indicators, plus 8 XLR line outs. Up to 6 DX168 units can be connected to a dLive system - 4 via the MixRack and 2 via the Surface - allowing up to 96 remote inputs and 48 remote outputs in addition to those provided by the MixRack and Surface.
The DX168 connects via a single Cat5e cable to the dLive Surface, MixRack or upstream DX168 via a secure EtherCon port. A second locking EtherCon port is provided for redundant connection to compatible hardware, or for daisy-chaining to a downstream DX168 for additional remote I/O.
The Expander's rugged design, with hard-wearing rubber bumpers, allows it to be placed directly on the stage floor during performances. Weighing in at just 4.8kg and featuring a sturdy carry handle, the DX168 offers the convenience and portability needed in rental, education, houses of worship and many other environments. An optional 4U rack mounting kit is available which allows installation in industry standard 19-inch racks.
- 16 Mic Preamps on XLR with Phantom Power status LEDs
- 8 XLR Line Outs
- Compatible with dLive S Class and dLive C Class hardware
- Up to 6 DX168 units can be added to a dLive system for 96 inputs / 48 outputs
- Cascade mode allows daisy-chaining of 2 DX168 Expanders for additional I/O (requires firmware 1.60 or higher)
- Redundant DX connection to dLive S Class hardware
- Optional 19-inch rack mount kit available
- Plug and Play - no IP addressing required
- Compatible with CAT5e (or higher) cables of up to 100m
- Rubber bumpers
- Carry handle
XLR Mic/Line: Inputs Balanced, +48V Phantom Power
Mic/Line Preamp: Fully recallable
Input Sensitivity: -60 to +15dBu
Analogue Gain: +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
Pad: -20dB Active PAD
Maximum Input Level: +30dBu (PAD in)
Input Impedance: >4k (Pad out), >10k (Pad in)
Mic/Line Channel noise: 22-22kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
Mic EIN: -127dB with 150 source
Unity gain (Pad in): -90dBu
Low gain (5dB, Pad out): -96dBu
Mid gain (30dB, Pad out): -90dBu
BMic/Line Channel THD+N: 22-22kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
BUnity gain (Pad in): 0.003% -88dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
BLow gain (5dB, Pad out): 0.002% -93dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
BMid gain (30dB, Pad out): 0.003% -88dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
Sample Rate: 96kHz
XLR Outputs: Balanced, Relay protected