Skip to main content

This is where our fake world is headed. By 2030 90% of social media content will be created by fake users. the other 10% might be a real person.  I suspect it won't take that long either.

This link (amongst many others I get) was just sent to me: https://www.jasper… This link was particularly interesting which is about to put me over the deep end.

All content created, including search queries we've all done over the years has been indexed (harvested) by google bots to teach and sell their algorithms to BS content creation software to be used as fake users in social media platforms.

Example: You like a certain mic or preamp and want an honest opinion... You post a topic or ask a question on on example: youtube, then seconds later JohnDoe, the fake superstar bot member you thought was a real engineer, comes to your emotional rescue and tells you what it thinks, lol.

How do you like the idea of becoming best friends with a recording studio bot you thought was a real person?

Topic Tags


kmetal Sat, 01/21/2023 - 08:55

Im very inactive on social media, but every time I sign on I see that people are still using to contact the studios I used to work at, so it seems like a viable use of social media. Lol might not be long until those are bot inquiries trying sell recording gear to us!!

I think it's just a different medium but same old crap. It's always been important to check your sources and do your homework. In some ways its easier today to validate a reference, but there's much more to sift thru because we're flooded with data and information.

I despise advertising and think it's an invasion of privacy, and ruiner of art and science.

That said there's really smart people combating this who are on "our side". I've recently become more aware of open source software, and am finding in the case of Reaper and Resolve, brilliant software titles can be had for extremely fair cost.  I'm finding whatever the nuisance is for example MS windows updates, there's someone who coded a little app or add on to handle it.

As long as we have these IT cowboys we are least have some line of defense against the attempts to trick or take advantage. I do feel bad however for the less technically inclined or informed, who will suffer most from these intrusions.

AI is a fascinating thing, and here to stay for a while, but it's something to proceed with caution with IMHO.

paulears Wed, 01/25/2023 - 03:05

When I was a college lecturer, I was quite sneaky and I created a number of fake sites, full of wrong information and advice. The idea was to then set research topics that google would bring up. Proving the importance of checking the quality, as well as quantity of data. six years after I left and went back to working in the industry, I was still doing work for the exam boards - as an Principle Examiner for music tec, and as a verifier for music and performing arts - and part of that second role was to visit colleges all over the UK to check the teachers were giving appropriate grades, based on the spec. I was shown some 'excellent' work by a favoured student - all with top grades and I mentioned it was very good, apart from the spelling mistake on the next page where word had corrected luminaire to luminary. The teacher turned the page, and there it was. On my old college testing website! The girl had simply lifted my entire section. Not AI but real wrong information. I took the site down - having forgotten it was even there. 

I wonder if it will ever be that the AI is actually accurate? That might be better than some real people?