Skip to main content

I just bought a 1178 and I was wondering what for it would be nice - I used it on a mix as mastering comp - very nice but coloured the sound pretty much

does anybody got experience with it?

maybe you even tell something about how you use it att/rel. .

thanks a lot : lukluk_1999@yahoo.com

Comments

anonymous Wed, 01/09/2002 - 14:10

The 1178 is a different soundn fromthe run of th emill 1176. We have a blue badge versioon where i work and I have blue badge silver 1176. THe difference between a blackface and silver for me, is likenight and day. However, the difference between silver 1176 and 1178's is very subtle. It a tonal thing but i believe the 1178 to bit a tad more fatter. THe 1178 sound extremely good strapped across the overheads of a drum kti to bring a wild player into line or to give the kit a real punch. Its also good as a mono bass or voal compressor. Giv eit a go you wont be disapointed

Peace
Wiggy

Kev Thu, 01/10/2002 - 09:26

Originally posted by wiggy neve freak:

.....the difference between silver 1176 and 1178's is very subtle. It a tonal thing but i believe the 1178 to bit a tad more fatter.

Wiggy

Not sure that I could agree with the subtle bit.

But just to add to the info , the 1176's are mostly TX input ( there is one with an op-amp input ) and transistors all the way.... and the 1178 is op-amps all the way.