Skip to main content

I found 6 of them each for 199$ in ebay,would you trust them,are they reliable?
would you buy it.
Tanx?

Topic Tags

Comments

moonbaby Mon, 07/04/2005 - 04:09

Are you kidding? Check out the 55+ posts regarding "AT4033 or 4040?"!!! Are these new from a dealer? What do you have that these will be complementing or replacing? If they are used ( or new for that matter), do they include the case and shock mount?
There are numerous opinions in that above-mentioned posted thread. The AT4033 is a decent mic for many applications, and if that $199.00 is the real deal, I'd drop that on one to try, for sure.

anonymous Sun, 07/10/2005 - 05:47

OMG, I found the same 'store' and wrote to them only a few hours ago :)

I said "whats the catch" ? I'm waiting for a reply.

I mean, they say brand new and they are a hundred bucks less than anywhere else on the ''bay or in stores.

I'm a little sus, but not too sus, as I have picked up some mad deals on ebay 'new'. Like Audix OM2's from Pro Audio Surplus, and a Beta 52a and a few other bits and pieces, well well below the other lowest price, which was already quite a bit lower than street.

Thing is, these 4040's are less than most people selling them second hand!

I have dibs on at least one...so hands off that one (if it's legit!)

Little Dog: dumpster diving? As in searching thru the dumpsters and grabbing the shells? and doing what, putting dodgy electronics in them or something?

Cos I doubt severely that AT or any other company would throw out their shells just because the internals failed...

Surely they would rip out the internals and recycle the expensive shell to save on manufacture? This is speculation from me, but based on knowing how a company operates when it comes to the bottom line...

anonymous Mon, 07/11/2005 - 04:25

Update: I've ordered one either way. I didn't recieve a reply unfortuantely, but this has happened many time b4 and it's all turned out ok.

I noticed the number available going down, and didn't want to miss out. Thye are indeed are steal, IF indeed they are legit! As they say "it's only a bargain if it works".

The draw card for me was the buyer protection policy available with this seller. My bro got duped on a graphiks card once, and he was saved by this return policy so all turned out great.

Hope this helps!

Happy bidding.