Skip to main content

Hi,
I can't change the clock source in my Hercules 16/12FW to "SPDIF Coaxial". Every time I try to do this in the Hercules control panel, it just switches back immediately to "Internal". Also, I've noticed that while my GT-6 (digital guitar effects processor) is connected to Hercules, all the other selections in the control panel seem to be functioning really weirdly. For example, if I change some channel's balanced / unbalanced selection, the selections (-10 dBV, +4 dBu etc) are changing by themselves. It's like some process would be updating the console all the time (the selections are "blinking" constantly)

This stuff only happens while the gt6 is connected. The analog inputs seem to be working fine. I'm using my gt6 every day with another computer with Terratec DMX 6Fire and it's working perfectly.

I've got the latest drivers for Hercules, using Windows XP SP2.

Please, can anyone help me with this?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Mon, 04/24/2006 - 05:34

To be more specific about the problem (see if this helps to get any ideas from anyone??) : I'm able to monitor and record the digital input signal. But the quality of sound is very bad (stuttering, choppy). And I _think_ it is because I can’t set the clock source to the digital coaxial input.

That’s what I hear (a very professional and accurate demonstration ) :

Analog signal (working ok): BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Digital signal (crappy): BAAA_blop_AA_blop_AA_blopblop_AAAA_blopblop

I'll attach an mp3 when I get home...

PLEASE, any suggestion to get this working??? Or should I just return the unit and buy a more reliable unit?

x

User login