Skip to main content

Hey all,here's my problem Ive got a delta 1010lt pci sound card, {8 mono ins and 8 mono outs},I've got a dynamic mic plugged into XLR input 1 on the delta, an Logitech x240 speakers plugged into 1/2 output on the delta,my DAW is Magix Music Studio 10 Deluxe.well here's the problem i cant seem to figure out how to pan my vocals in my mixes left or right,if i pan right the vocals just sound lower,if i pan left i cant hear nothing.Ive even tried recording my vocals in mono then tried to pan and nothing, i even tried to record in stereo then pan and still nothing. I have heard that maybe the reason i cannot pan is because the delta 1010lt card only has mono ins and outs, I don't know if that's the reason and if it is what would i need to buy or do to start panning my vocals? thx for the help

Comments

hueseph Mon, 04/05/2010 - 19:25

Either you posted this on another thread or there was a very similar thread posted not long ago.

Edit: Okay this time I read the whole post.

How do you have your monitors plugged into the delta 1010? This seems to me to be the issue since Logitech does not make recording monitors. They make computer speakers for gaming. Can you explain the cables you are using?

Incidentally, this has nothing to do with the inputs being mono. That is the norm. Unless you are recording a stereo source, that is, using two mics, you only need a mono input.

Boswell Tue, 04/06/2010 - 09:18

hueseph has a good point about the way the speakers are connected. You need an adaptor cable that has a 1/8" stereo line socket on one end splitting into two RCA plugs on the other. You plug these into the red and white RCA outputs 1 and 2 (black leads) of the Delta 1010LT breakout cable. The Logitech PC speakers plug into the 1/8" socket. By the way, if you are serious about recording, get some better speakers designed for audio.

Do you get a correct stereo image from the speakers when playing commercial MP3s or from the WIndows Audio setup test? If so, your speakers and cabling are correctly connected and you still have a setting wrong in your DAW.

recordjunkiehtx Thu, 04/08/2010 - 18:51

My speakers correctly play out all music,stereo, mono,mp3, everything.But even when I pan any song to left the volume just lowers on the right,and highers on the left.I took your advice on using my on board sound card with the RCA's and y-splitter and i can pan my voice+music, it works fine,but with delta I cant pan.I know its not the splitters because i found the cases to them and they say stereo on them so maybe its an internal problem. if i record a vocal on mono wav with my mic connected to mic 1 on the delta and pan it to right then do an internal mix down of my vocal the vocal wave disappears and i cant hear it,if i mix it down to the left it just gets louder same when record on stereo. I don't know, with my on board sound card it works fine. do i need a stereo mixer with pan settings? anywayz thx guys for helping me

hueseph Thu, 04/08/2010 - 20:08

recordjunkiehtx, post: 345492 wrote: My speakers correctly play out all music,stereo, mono,mp3, everything.But even when I pan any song to left the volume just lowers on the right,and highers on the left............if i record a vocal on mono wav with my mic connected to mic 1 on the delta and pan it to right then do an internal mix down of my vocal the vocal wave disappears and i cant hear it,if i mix it down to the left it just gets louder same when record on stereo. I don't know, with my on board sound card it works fine. do i need a stereo mixer with pan settings? anywayz thx guys for helping me

I still think this is a monitoring problem and not a problem with the sound card. If you record to a stereo track using input 2 does it record? can you see a wave file on the right side of a stereo track if you record using input 2? Check and make sure you have the jacks fully inserted into the adapter. Check the Delta dock application to see if there is a setting there you might be missing. Try reinstalling the [URL="http://www.m-audio… drivers[/URL] for the 1010.

recordjunkiehtx Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:13

delta 1010lt confused

Ive checked the jacks all are fully inserted.when i record a stereo track with mic into input 1 on the delta a wave file appears on one side {the top side}.and if i pan it left i could still here it on both speakers/headphones if i pan it right i here nothing.When i record stereo track with mic input 2 a wave file appears on the bottom side, if i pan right,i hear it on both speakers pan left i hear nothing.if i record a track on mono and pan to left or right the volume just gets lower if i pan straight to the middle its sounds higher.

anonymous Tue, 05/11/2010 - 12:24

recordjunkiehtx, post: 345506 wrote: Ive checked the jacks all are fully inserted.when i record a stereo track with mic into input 1 on the delta a wave file appears on one side {the top side}.and if i pan it left i could still here it on both speakers/headphones if i pan it right i here nothing.When i record stereo track with mic input 2 a wave file appears on the bottom side, if i pan right,i hear it on both speakers pan left i hear nothing.if i record a track on mono and pan to left or right the volume just gets lower if i pan straight to the middle its sounds higher.

I had the same problem. I record using 'Adobe Audition' though. I record on the right (top side) and just pan to the left then do a uplift on my vocals. I believe it's your software at this point. All of your connections are correct, its just the program is not sure what to do with your incoming audio. Tweak your software... Or you could just but an '2 - 1 XLR Cable'. It will connect your red and white xlr to one. :)

Space Tue, 05/11/2010 - 19:46

The 1010lt has mono inputs as Yung is intimating.

You would have to use a left and a right channel to get a stereo input so it isn't the software. A mic on channel 1 and a mic on channel 2 would be a start at producing a stereo image, but you are not limited to those channels, although they are the best selection for the LT, from my experience.

x

User login