Skip to main content

hi there!
am building an home studio and was trying to decide between m-audio project mix, digi 002 rack and Focusrite saphire pro 26 as an audio interface. then, Digi 003 came, and i don't know what to choose anymore...
can anyone give me a hint on this?
thanks
§

Topic Tags

Comments

fourone3 Wed, 05/02/2007 - 10:10

One thing that turns me off to the ProjectMix is that you can't use the master fader. Pro Tools only allows 8 faders at once, if I'm thinking of this correctly.

But that is a small downside compared to all the good things.

The only difference in M-Powered and LE is that M-Powered can't use DV Toolkit - so far that I've found out.

I'd hope the 003 has better pres than the ProjectMix, but if you can find a 002 on the cheap, you can always get the Black Lion mod. Yes? No? Maybe? Perhaps I should just go hide in my closet.

zzzounds Wed, 05/02/2007 - 10:48

But that is a small downside compared to all the good things.

The only difference in M-Powered and LE is that M-Powered can't use DV Toolkit - so far that I've found out.

I'd hope the 003 has better pres than the ProjectMix, but if you can find a 002 on the cheap, you can always get the Black Lion mod. Yes? No? Maybe? Perhaps I should just go hide in my closet.

eheh! no... don't hide now! at least before you give me all your help! :D
the thing that pleases me in project mix is the control section, which allows me to work without even touching the mouse/keyboard. but is it that good?
i can buy a digi 002 for 750€, compared to the 1050€ of the project mix.
i just want to make sure i don't regret myself after i buy the one i decided for...
send me your thoughts, maybe i can take some advises from it!
thanks
§

igotnosmoke Fri, 08/10/2007 - 21:06

hi guys... i have noticed the projectmix only has 4 line outputs... does this mean all of the mixing will need to be done on the ProjectMix for larger scale recordings prior to recording with such programs as NUendo or Pro Tools? (by the way i am using the Delta 1010 featuring 10 inputs).

Ultimately i would be using this to record a drum kit in a portable recording setup, and will be hard to monitor (in real time) being in the same room as the drummer...

I have been looking at M Audio Octane, just wondering what the difference in PreAmp quality (compared to ProjectMix console) would be if plan to output all the channels into Nuendo and mix there???

i am looking for a cost effective work flow so any other suggestions would be great

cheers,
spiro

x

User login