Skip to main content

I have the DSPF w/ one DS2416 card, and one AX44 module. I use PRO Audio 9 that evidently supports the use of second 2416 card. But, I'm not finding any information on how it affects the ActiveX console within Cakewalk. I have to believe that the second card gives you 2 additional banks of effects and it would almost have to add channels (sends and returns) to the mixer, right? And, I'm guessing that one of the cards becomes the master for output functions-for powered monitors, etc. Am I on track here-are there any other features or problems that I need to know about?
I guess I am just wanting to know what I can expect before adding the second card.

Thanks for your help...

Comments

Opus2000 Sun, 03/31/2002 - 08:14

You probably wont find any information regarding how it works and how it is setup..that's one of the things that irks me about Yamaha...even the tech support guys wont walk you through it or give you any information about it...they just leave you to figure it out for yourself..
I've only had experience with that setup a couple of years back so my brain is pretty rusty on that setup..in fact I think my brain blocks it out since it was a major hassle to get it to work properly!
I think the Yamaha UK site has more information on it than the US site
http://www.Yamaha.co.uk

Opus

knightfly Sun, 03/31/2002 - 10:45

Every software company implements their own version of DSP Factory support, and not all of them support everything the DSPF can do. I have one of the DSPF's in my old DAW, but I was using Samplitude for audio and Cake just for MIDI stuff, so I never got very far into their DSPF implementation. Samplitude can handle very few of the DSPF's functions by itself, so they borrowed an LE version of C-Console by CMEXX software, which does a much better job. All I can tell you about that approach, is that CConsole has a separate setup for two cards and soft-switching between them. (I think the dual support is only on the full version, which I own)

If I were you, besides checking out Yamaha/UK, I would also see what cakewalk's site has on DSPF's - If you find nothing, then call their tech support and ask your questions. The key to research is following every lead, no matter how trivial-sounding - if that lead doesn't help directly, it may alert you to one that does, or two you didn't know existed.

Sorry I don't have more info for you, I personally was put off by Yamaha's lack of support for that card and decided to move on rather than buy a second one. The interface options were just too clunky for me to remember that I originally came here to make music... Steve

x

User login