Skip to main content

Hi everyone, and Happy 4th. I have a Mackie 1604 I use as a monitoring setup, and a glorified patchbay with my Digi003 & PreSonus Digi FS, since latency is introduced I have the players through the Mackie for monitoring, and I also will route recorded tracks back to the Mackie for external effects and a tube Preamp. I can record at 32 samples latency without the Mackie, which is fine and just eliminate the Mackie and use a patchbayfor routing. It doesn't seem to introduce noise since I have all the trim knobs to the left, but it just seems practical for a routing mixer too me. Should I take the Mackie out of the chain and get a patchbay instead?

Comments

Mo Facta Sat, 07/02/2011 - 23:14

I use a console and a patchbay and find them both indispensable.

It's actually difficult to give you a definitive answer since they perform different functions. Why not wire all the i/o of your mixer and interfaces to the patchbay? It will most definitely optimize the total connectivity of your system.

For interest's sake, here's a copy of my patchbay chartsd from a couple of years ago when I was using with our old Mackie Onyx 1640:

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

BassLiK Sun, 07/03/2011 - 06:49

Mo Facta, post: 373592 wrote: I use a console and a patchbay and find them both indispensable.

It's actually difficult to give you a definitive answer since they perform different functions. Why not wire all the i/o of your mixer and interfaces to the patchbay? It will most definitely optimize the total connectivity of your system.

For interest's sake, here's a copy of my patchbay chartsd from a couple of years ago when I was using with our old Mackie Onyx 1640:

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

Mo Facta, very nice routing. Thank you for responding and I will put patchbays on my list. Thanks again and have a great 4th.

x

User login