Skip to main content

hello all..

i've got a little xp/Cubase sx based home setup that i use mostly for editing and i'm starting to add overdub capabilities (trying to do the big work downtown and all the menial tasks where it doesn't cost an arm and a leg)

anyways..bought a us428 off ebay, it took about 3.5 months to show up (a couple borders to cross). In that time we'd come to the conclusion that it had been lost in the mail so I was given a refund. I went and picked up an Echo Mia Midi.

So now, I'm sitting here with the Mia installed and it seems decent, haven't used the 428 (still at the post office).

I'm keeping one and returning the other..which should it be? (I have no other preamps or anything at the moment, work mostly at 24/44.1)

cheers

Comments

Opus2000 Fri, 06/20/2003 - 08:40

Well,
you need to look at the pro's and cons here..

The 428 first of all is a great box...a control surface, MIDI interface and audio interface all rolled into one! It uses the USB port to transmit all this data. The 428 has mic pre's on it but does not supply phantom power, so you will need an external phantom power device...there are several flavors of these available, cheap ones too!

The Mia is only audio in and audio out..no mic pre's etc etc etc...

I like Echo Audio stuff but the 428 has more bang for the buck!

Opus :D

x

User login