Skip to main content

I need everyone who would like to work on "UFO" to please email me the following information.

First and Last Name:
Mailing Address:

Format that you would like the song on:
If its a CD then please let us know Mac or PC? the file type WAV/AIFF/SDII and whether you can handle 24 bit or not?

If you would like an alternate format such as 1", 2", ADAT or DA88 Please be specific, including cal levels.

Also I will be offering the project via the internet over a client app called Hotline, this progam can be downloaded at http://www.hotlinesw.com. The connection is Cable and can be reasonably fast if you have a similar connection. I believe the entire project won't be more than 300 or soo meg. I will email you a user/pass

I will reply back with the ip address once I have the files ready.

The email address for this is:
MixFest2001@fasttrackrecording.com

If you send your response to any other address you will not receive the files, please use the above address.

Peace

Comments

Guest Mon, 09/17/2001 - 13:28

Im not sure whats going on here....The files are SDII files which came from protools 5.1 on mac.

I just checked and they all open fine, all I did was zip them before offering them for download.

I'll see if I can offer WAVE as well, I just figured most anyone can handle a conversion from SDII to WAVE

anonymous Mon, 11/05/2001 - 05:31

Hi

Just downloaded my own UFO files because I was curious how the snarefix turned out.
I've got two comment's about it.

1: It seems someone has applyed eq to all the tracks.

Dont' know who did it....but that sure wasn't part of the deal. The whole idea about this mixfest was to give everybody the same raw tracks to work with.

2: Furthermore there must be something wrong with the snarefix. It suffers from nasty digital clipping....so if you want to fix the snare yourself, download this snare. It's from another song that was recorded right after UFO, and actually the same sample i send along with the UFO files, only this sample still has the original attack preserved.

http://www.ajja.dk/mixfest/ufo-snarehit.wavmixfest/ufo-snarehit.wav

PS: The link doesn't work yet, i'll set it up when i get home.

See ya

k.w.blackwell Mon, 11/05/2001 - 12:38

Originally posted by Lenz:
[list]* 1: It seems someone has applyed eq to all the tracks.Well, you would know. I couldn't tell. The tracks do seem to "mix themselves" pretty well.

* 2: Furthermore there must be something wrong with the snarefix. It suffers from nasty digital clipping....Yep, very nasty. I fixed mine already with a questionable little trick. The clipped sections actually rolled-over to the opposite side of the sample value range, so just to speed up the process, I would highlight the clipped section and invert it. This doesn't restore things to their original waveform, of course, and it theoretically has a sort of distortion of it's own, but it really does work surprisingly well.
class="xf-ul">

And my bigger problem was that some of the files would cause my application to abort after it finished reading them. OK, obviously, that was a defect in the software. But I got around that by pushing "cancel" on it's dialog box just as the loading progress meter approached 98% or so. I might have clipped off the end of some of the tracks, but not much, and there seemed to be plenty of spare time on them.

Should the CD-R's that were supposed to be sent out have the same exact files as the WAVs that are made available for download? I never got the CD-R's.