Skip to main content

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an alternative to the MOTU 192HD.. something in the same price range or lower?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sat, 01/27/2007 - 23:20

Clowd wrote: Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for an alternative to the MOTU 192HD.. something in the same price range or lower?

Check out a company named ECHO. They make an AudioFire 12 unit which is essentially identical to the MOTU HD192. Over at Gearslutz, a few owners of the units who have had both the MOTU and the AudioFire, are ranting and raving about them as being better than the MOTU HD192, and over half the price.

24 bit and up to 192 kHz, 12 Ins, 12 Outs, and at a fantastic price. I cant vouch for it personally, but I'm going to task the risk and trust the opinions of others who say its a solid unit which sounds good. So I'm buying this unit real soon and will repot my opinion on it.

It was a toss up between the MOTU HD192 or this AudioFire 12 for me. I liked the MOTU but am going with this one based on other peoples recommendations.... plus, with the price.... you can get 24 Ins and 24 outs for the same price as 12 Ins/12 Outs on the MOTU HD192.

The one downside, which to me, isnt really a downside because I think I can work around it.... It has no digital inputs or outputs. Its strictly analog I/O's using 1/4 inch TRS jacks. It does have an external clock capabilities though (as most do), and you can also chain multiple units together supposedly.