Skip to main content

What does everyone think about this 24 mulltitrack for a main recorind console rather than going pc or mac

Topic Tags

Comments

trock Thu, 03/17/2005 - 12:15

Hi

I can answer this

had one for over 2 years and loved it. i can also tell you i bought a G5 loaded, 3 gigs RAM, dual 1.8 etc 2 int HD's 160gig and 250 gig with Cubase SX 3, Reason 2.5, groove agent, UAD-1 studio apk, WAVES Native bundle, etc cause i was told this would be a much better set up.

i also bought an RME fireface 800 for my sound card (loved this)

so i can sort of compare for you.

the 2480 sound quality was far better, the stability was far better, i liked the portability, i liked the faders and knobs i could touch and use.

backups on it sucked, took forever, editing was horrible, burning projects was slowwwwwww.

now the cubase side of things was much worse sound wise, stabilty was so bad i quit using it, SX 2 and OS X were a night mare together, 32 bit floating point just didn't compare sound wise for me.

so the 2480 was a much better deal for me in the long run if you do not need to do a lot of editing etc.

and you can get one cheap

i just sold mine for 1700.00

i am now on SAW on a PC.

in my opinion if you want the best of both worlds check this product out

for 300 bucks you can get the basic edition

it is written in assembly language and 64 bit fixed. the sound quality blows away cubase, nuendo, logic etc and yes i have heard all those programs results. i run it on a PC

the sound quality is better than the 2480 and you have the great editing capabilites that the others give you

http://www.sawstudio.com

also the actual developer is on the FORUM with you and answering your questions, imagine that for support.

anyway if you are considering a 2480 you can't miss, however if you want the whole package and have a PC sitting around go to the site, download the demo and try it out

there is also

http://

for support

and you can ask for robert who will gladly show you how this blows away a pro tools HD set up too

these are just my opinons but i have used all the products i have mentioned except the pro tools

anonymous Thu, 03/17/2005 - 14:12

i highly recommend any of roland's products. i have owned a few different versions of the vs series multi-track recorders and loved every one of them. i think trock's post just about says it all for myself as well, but i have not had the same issues with computer based recording as him. either way- the roland is excellent for personal use, but you may want to consider what you are planning on doing with recording, and then use that to help make your decision.

-Fintan