Skip to main content

I was wondering if any body knows if you can use pre existing programes to load into the roland expansion vs8 f board or deos the exiting companys such as IK make special plugins. I already own a lot of the programmes that roland is now supporting but I need some more info before purchasing this new expansion board :?

Comments

Randyman... Tue, 11/16/2004 - 17:56

The Roland requires its own proprietary versions of the Plug-ins to run on the VS8F3 (typical Roland). Sorry...

But, I was informed that the plugs' algorithms are IDENTICAL to the TDM versions, but the VS8F3 can NOT read the TDM plugs direclty.

Goto http://www.vsplanet.com for TONS of killer info on the Roland recorders (I, too, have a 2480, and hang out there often). I'm looking into replacing it with a Laptop/FW interface - as I'm getting really sick of Rolands proprietary & selfish practices... The DVD version of the 2480 is a joke IMO (the DVD only allows "backing up" project data, you can NOT export or import waves from the DVD, nor can you write a DVD-Audio disc of any kind).

It is a cool unit, but I'm moving on, and dedicationg the 2480 to jam-rom PA use (makes one hell of a live mixer!).

:cool:

x

User login