Skip to main content

MixFest 2001 is about to begin, the files are being transferred by people and mixed. As much as I'd like a total free for all, there are some rules.

1. No replacing or adding instruments. Please use what you have. You are mixers, not producers. The point of this is to hear what people can do with the tracks they have. Having some kind of uniformity makes this easier to evaluate.

2. No Mastering. I want the raw mix.

3. Mix to any format, but it will ultimately need to go to CD for whoever is compiling the mixes.

4. There is no rule 4

5. This is not a contest. It is a learning experience.

6. Enjoy.

You have 60 days to do the mix. Mixing period ends Dec. 1, 2001. I will extend that if I need to, but I'd like to get the compilations done before the end of the year.

Have fun!

Mixerman

Comments

Mixerman Tue, 09/25/2001 - 07:27

There are Pointmen for every song. Contact the Pointmen and they will help you with anything you need.

If you're in a different Continent, and you need to switch songs because of download problems then do so. Just let the Pointmen know that you're switching.

Pointmen, it's your discretion as to how many late entries you'll allow. Personally, I think it confuses things, but if you have the room because of drop-outs, and it's not too much hassle for you, then go ahead.

If you don't have the files or don't know what's going on, or when you can get the files then contact the Pointman for your song.

There should be no confusion. The Pointman can make decisions, and get you files.

Mixerman

x

User login