Skip to main content

Both are single channel tube preamplifiers...The UA Solo/610 is a simplified version of the M610. The old 610 boards were used on some great classic recordings, so the sound is well known. What if any are the Sebatron preamps based on? Both are similarly priced.

Sebatron :
- uses a single 12AT7
- Mic input 300ohms
- Max gain 60dB

Solo/610:
- uses 1 12ax7 and 1 6072
- Selectable 500 ohms or 2k ohms (Microphone)
- Selectable 2.2M ohms or 47k ohms (Hi-Z Input)
- Max gain 61 dB
- Freq response 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 1 dB

Clearly different in build. Would you say that the Sebatron is more transparent of a design than the 610?

Comments

anonymous Fri, 11/18/2005 - 01:40

i had a UA 2-610 for a little while the two channels version. i did like the tone it sounded classic and color but it wasn't that flexible or twist that i was hopeing for. i record mostly acoustic pop and folk with flutes vocals and guitars and was thinking of a vacuum tube preamp to soften the sounds a bit because i really don't like the sound of the thin sound preamps i have in my mixing desk. Could not hear that much of a difference with the impedance control except for a loudness change .
i sold the UA for some better microphones which made me a nice change but i know i need something that treats the sounds just like a nicer preamplification.i have the feeling the preamp might be the solution. i have completed my room with the necessary acoustic treatments and the monitoring section has worked out well.
i just have been checking out the sebatron preamplifiers . maybe i just try one out.the equaliser switches looks interesting.
on the website impedance is said to be 600 ohms.
does anyone know what the air or bright controls really do excactly?