Skip to main content

Hi, I'm a little worried. I bought my UA 6176 a couple of months ago and I love it. But the little light in the middle has never worked. So I finally picked up a light bulb that looked similar and stuck it in there. When I turned it on the bulb popped and the unit shut down. No big deal, I pulled out the fuse and sure enough it was fried. I went to radio shack and picked up a replacement as well as the exact same bulb that was in there originally. I installed them and still nothing. It won't turn on. Should I just give up and bring it in to an electrician? I'd hate to spend the bucks if there's something simple that I could try. Do you guys know if there's a reset switch or something? I don't have the manual and am very bad with electronics. Thanks!

Comments

moonbaby Mon, 09/26/2005 - 11:54

Send it to me. I can change a light bulb...Seriously, don't take it to "an electrician" and don't do anything else with it by yourself. Contact UA...they probably would've dropped a bulb or 2 in the mail to you if you had called them in the first place. Ask for tech support. Tell them moonbaby sent you. And NEVER open a tube box again! It is tube, isn't it? There are HIGH voltages in those things, no bull, and they can KILL you!!!