Skip to main content

overall volume. i know i know

Forums

Ok I'm not looking for RHCP volume or anything but my mixes are ridiculously low in volume, even when I compress and limit like crazy. If the new weezer is on 3 then I have to turn up to about 8 for the same volume on my stereo. Someone have any advice for limiting and compression? I have the Wavesc4 multiband and the maxI'm limiter from digidesign.

Mastering engineer recommendation

Forums

can anyone recommend a mastering engineer that specializes in giving digital recordings analog depth. The big mastering facility in my area is trying to recommend me not to have my recording mastered to tape as it will just add hiss, so basically i said forget this guy cause he obviously doesn't understand what i'm going for. any recommendations?

Red Book CDs - 2s gap too long

Forums

Pardon my inexperience... I want to "master" my own project for now... is there a way to produce a red book compliant CDR with less than 2 sec. gaps between tracks? (Old guys - remember LZep's Heartbreaker/Livin'Lovin'Maid segue?). Can this be done in compliance with Red Book. I'm using Sonic Foundry's CD Architect and it seems to require 2s.
Thanks