Skip to main content

what do I need?

Forums

To all you mastering guys out there: I'm thinking about putting together a mastering setup. I know what I want in the way of analog gear, but what are my options other than Sonic, or Sadie, for a good sounding, resonably priced DAW? If I go for a system that doesn't run with it's own hardware, other than a bitchin' computer and some great coverters, what is the best sounding interface card?

Paul, What's our target date for the track

Forums

I have received 3 CD/Mail offset checks and 14 people as of today are signed up...and I have everyones address so far. Those who have sent me something...THANK YOU! For those who have not..I am standing by. If you want to include something with your return project (those who I have not received anything yet) Let me know...so you will be in the running.

Learning the art of mastering...

Forums

I haven't actually mastered anything yet myself, nor do I think that I am any good at it. But most of my clients at the studio (in Asuncion, Paraguay) ask me to "master" their stuff. I usually try to refuse to put any attempt in "serious mastering." Most of these projects are VERY low budgets proyects that, in all likelyhood, will NOT get mastered.

CDR Quality & dupe speed - are we dealing with fact

Forums

OK I have a Microboards 4 bay StartRec stand-alone (has a hard drive) CDR buner that does:

1 x
4 x
8 x

Speeds.

So, speed? Duplicators? Errors? Checking them?

I mean it's digital aint it?

So it should be perfect!

I do know one thing, media is of primary importance, I make sure I use the recomended CDR's for it.