Skip to main content

Mann Microphones

Forums

Has anyone else got a Mann MT-31 tube condenser mic?
I bought one about a month ago and I can't get enough of it. Every time I use it for something new I get even more impressed with it.
If anyone is looking for a good tube condenser at a great price, check it out. I paid $800 Aussie so you would probably pick them up for about $350ish US.

Mixed a/d converters, multi-miced sources, and sample de

Forums

Maybe some of you with more knowledge about a/d converters can help me out here. Is there any amount of delay in the analog to digital process on converters (just the conversion itself... not "latency" as it applies to DAW's)? And if so, would this vary from one Manufacturer's box to another? The reason I ask is this:

Mic connector for Gefell MV692

Forums

I'm looking for 2 mic connectors for old-style Gefell MV692 mic bodies. It is a 7-pin (not 6 pin) Tuchel-style connector with a very coarse thread.

I can't seem to find them anywhere. Gefell have not returned my emails. G-prime doesn't have any, nor does Korby or Bill Bradley. I've found a source for the 6 pin version, but the 7 pin style seems to be impossible to find.

Where is the Fletcher 3 mic technique?

Forums

I read about it here somewhere. I tried every kind of search with many combinations of what I thought were the key words but I can't find it! I kinda remember it but I want to have the original for reference. I want to try it at a session soon. Just as a side note I remember Niko Bola had 3 mics set up in Steve Jordan's loft in what I believe was a similar configuration. Coincidence?