Skip to main content

Vintech 1073 are they any good?

Hi Fletcher et all
I have been hearing some very good things on a number of forums about these Neve design based clones. Have you tested any of them and are they as good as they and their specs say they are? Apparently you can't get them in the UK as there is no distributor as yet. I would be very grateful for your thoughts.

Thanks
Simon :confused:

My beloved sonic foundry...fallen?

I LOVE sonic foundry products. I use Vegas and sound forge EVERY day.
But WHAT is going on in their heads?
In order to please wall street, they have pink slipped a whole chunk of employees!
Look at the sorry sad state of Sound Forge 5. Not really an " upgrade" . No batch converter, no CD architect support!

Bundle 2 vs Bundle 3 - 20 vs 24 bit input

Hello all,

I'm considering Paris for a project studio and was looking for comments on the difference in the 20 and 24 bit inputs.

I'm really trying to decide whether a Bundle 2 setup will serve OK or whether I might as well start w a Bundle 3.

Are there many users happy with a Bundle 2? It sounds like the MEC and Bundle 3 is the starting point for most everyone.

FMR compressor?

Hey Fletcher,
It's a pleasure to have you here.
I'm starting up a PC-based DAW in my home in Natick, and am eyeballing that little FMR Really Nice Compressor, both for it's price, and for the good rap it's getting. I know you guys sell'em over at Merc., so I was wondering what your take is on them. Is there any better deal in it's class/price range?
Thanks,

My First Year With 001

Wow, this is KEWL...I'm the first one to post in DAW World!
I bought Digi001 a year ago, my first DAW. I'm very happy that I went that route. At the time, Digi still didn't have 001 available for PC, so I had to buy a MAC to run it, Thank God. I didn't have to make the PC vs MAC decision. I love my MAC. Since then, I got a cheap PC for internet, and 'it
just aint a MAC'.