Skip to main content

Hello,

I just purchased this unit resently. I am haveing my studio regulated further for power, so I have not as of yet used it! Does anyone have any expierience with the original 610s?

What is your opinion on the new 2-610?

Cheers,
Mad John
Zythum Studios

Topic Tags

Comments

Mad John Mon, 11/26/2001 - 07:25

Fletcher , yes I have heard about you from Eva Anna. That comment just does not cut it baby!

The 610 boared was as famous of a sound that can be hoped for! Big bands , Ella , Sinatra , The Pet Sounds album (are you going to argue with that?)

Can you elaborate on your dislikeing the original 610 Fletcher? What are your expieriences with it that you would refer to animal organs like a 2 year old!

Help us to understand what you mean.

By the way, I noticed your Number....intresting how those things work out!

Mad John
Zythum Studios

Mad John Tue, 11/27/2001 - 07:54

I agree with you Jay! Did you ever examine the part in "Good Vibrations" where towards the section where you hear the boys sing "ahhhhhh" and then the snare hits, followed by the Good Vibrations tag.... the worst edit in majior band history!

They worked way too long on that one and I am a huge fan of Brian and the boys of the beach!

But hey , they were useing the 610 bord and that is pretty cool!

Great picture of the 5th dimension at Studio 3 Western recorders Hollywood in November 1967, where everyone is huddled around it.

How do you all get pictures on this thing?

Peace!

Mad John
Zythum Studios

Faeflora Tue, 11/27/2001 - 19:45

Well i only had my ua 2-610 a few days before i had to dismantle my studio when I moved. Unfortunately, it's gonna probably be a few weeks before I hear it's po' self again. In the meantime, it's sitting in a rack by itself in the basement.

I have to say though, that UA audio rocks! UA had a mail-in rebate program for the 2-610 where if you bought it in Autumn, you could mail in the receipt and SN# and get $100 back.

Well I sent in the receipt last week and BAM, sitting in my mailbox on monday was a check for one hundred buckazoids!

Normally, I HATE mail-in rebate programs. It's just a sleazy way of getting consumers to buy stuff at full price. The company benifits because most consumers never get around to sending in the rebate, or they lose the receipt or it gets lost in the mail etc.

When I bought my Sprint PCS cell phone, I was elligible for a $50 mail-in rebate. I sent it in. I was supposed to hear back from them in THREE months. I heard nothing. I called them up, they said they never got it. I tried to get a duplicate receipt, and couldn't. The end. $50 extra for Sprint. I hate getting fucked by evil corporations. It's ok, I'll sabotage a few of their cell tower concentrators and fuck them back someday. Generally, revenge is BAD. Revenge against soulless corporate "entities" is generally GOOD. Burn McDonalds burn! Etc.

Anyways, I was thrilled to get the rebate check so frikken quickly. Go UA.

One thing btw, that I noticed about the 2-610 is that the chassis wasn't that well thought out. The faceplate is somewhat flexible, and being only attached on the sides by the rackmount holes, I was easily able to wedge my fingernail into the crack between the faceplate and box and stick my finger in.

Mad John Wed, 11/28/2001 - 11:23

Hello Faeflora ,

I completly agree with you , my girlfriend noticed the exact same detail; that the face plate looked kind of cheap and the fact that you can stick something thin between the front panel is a little disconcerting , however I have used this piece and it is all that!!!

the best mic pre I have yet heard. i think you will be very happy with it!

let us know what you think!

Cheers ,

Mad John
Zythum Studios

Faeflora Wed, 11/28/2001 - 16:18

Well, I've read Fletcher's posts alluding to their "fucked up distribution system". I also remember hearing something about UA flooding Geetah Centurh with product but starving the smaller shops.

What's the deal? Someone say it straight! What has UA Audio done wrong and how did they do it? If they fucked up, we shouldn't play pretty and nice. Maybe they'll get better and we can all be happy :o .

atlasproaudio Wed, 11/28/2001 - 18:02

Originally posted by Faeflora:
What's the deal? Someone say it straight! What has UA Audio done wrong and how did they do it? If they fucked up, we shouldn't play pretty and nice. Maybe they'll get better and we can all be happy :o .

There's no hope of that happening. They lied to Fletcher, they lied to us on many levels. Who knows what or who is next.