Skip to main content

DPA 4061 microphones for live vocals. I am considering buying one. I would be interested to know in your experience the best set-up to treat my voice with echo, compressors, mic preamp, reverb, limiters, etc. I would also be interested to hear from Westend show sound designers who use this mike, too. The music is Progressive Rock which is sometimes loud sometimes not.

http://www.davidolist.com/

Comments

audiowkstation Tue, 11/15/2005 - 06:20

The 4061 will put out exactly what you put into it. As for the other outboards, it is a matter of taste and you would have to decide how you want your voice modified..because that is exactly what they are for. Every sound imaginable you can make with your voice, the 4061 will capture without regard to any "unwanted" sounds.

anonymous Tue, 11/15/2005 - 06:51

will you be wearing a headset? this will require quite a lot of eq-ing. The mics are natural sounding, but all kinds of crazy physics happen depending on where the mic is placed exactly.
I personally dont like the sound of compression on headset omni's..e The dpa's are reaaaally sensitive, so they will pick up a LOT of everything around you...

anonymous Tue, 11/15/2005 - 10:48

DPA 4061

So DPA's are so sensitive. I was thinking they might be. In a westend show situation the band are usually off stage or below stage so the problem of picking up drum spill and amps is not inherent. Thanks for the reply. You see I was trying to get rid of the mike stand as standing constantly up against one does not look so good and has been done for so long. It just leaves so much space if there isn't one and gives a better view to the audience. There is this guy in the states making stereo models with one mike on either side of the head that picks up the natural sound resonance from the head. It all sounds rather exciting. Do you think it is possible to have a DPA or similar that is uni-directional that only picks up a few inches away? Be good to hear from you, thanks again.