Skip to main content

My nuendo 9652 sound card only has digital outs for monitoring. Can run my Nuendo card through my old gina card breakout box to convert my signal to analog so I can monitor in in analog form.
Thanks,
Nipp

Topic Tags

Comments

Randyman... Sat, 02/12/2005 - 01:03

Hey there, Nippdog.

I'm not familiar with the Gina. (Don't you just love when replies start off like this? :roll: ). But if, and only if the Gina's Breakout Box will work as a "standalone D/A" (meaning it can function without a "host" controller - ala the PC), then you could use it as your analog monitoring converter.

You will need SOMETHING in the form of a SPDIF (Coax or Optical) or ADAT D/A converter to use your Nuendo PCI card for monitoring. Even an effects unit with a digital input can work in a pinch (with ALL effects bypassed - of course).

I'm sure you know, but you can configure your ADAT 1 output to function as a standard SPDIF Toslink for 2-channel operation (in addition to the SPDIF Coax RCA connections on the break-out cable). I have the RME 96/36 "Lite" (RME makes the Nuendo hardware), and so far, I love it. I do wish I had the Total Mix DSP of the "HDSP" series cards :( ...

I know some people dislike RME, but their PC interfaces and standalone hardware conversion have been killer from my experience (from the ADI-8 Pro's killer conversion, to the PCI card drivers - they ALL seem stellar to me).

:cool: