Skip to main content

Hi,
I have an 8 analog input/2 digital input soundcard. I'd like to send two channels of Seb preamps in the digital inputs because they are the only ones left. With my little knowledge, i assumed i needed a 2 channel A/D converter with an S/Pdif output to send it in my soundcard's S/Pdif input. Right? So what do you guys recommend that is affordable. I don't want that Apogeestuff which is over 2K$. (I'm in Canada so thats around 2750$; lots 'o money!)
thanks
cheers!

oliver

Topic Tags

Comments

KurtFoster Tue, 08/31/2004 - 16:54

oliver,
What rate are you recording at? Do you have anything like a Master Link or a 24 bit CD recorder? You can use them for a converter while tracking if you do ... and if you are recording at 16 bit, it gets even easier ... any CDr or old DAT machine will work. Even a reverb like a Lexi PCM 80 that has a spdif out on it will do the trick ...

sdelsolray Tue, 08/31/2004 - 19:02

radioliver wrote: Hi,
I have an 8 analog input/2 digital input soundcard. I'd like to send two channels of Seb preamps in the digital inputs because they are the only ones left. With my little knowledge, i assumed i needed a 2 channel A/D converter with an S/Pdif output to send it in my soundcard's S/Pdif input. Right?? So what do you guys recommend that is affordable. I don't want that apogee stuff which is over 2K$. (I'm in Canada so thats around 2750$; lots 'o money!!)
thanks
cheers!

oliver

Lucid
Apogee Rosetta
Benchmark

All decent midlevel AD converters.

x

User login