Skip to main content

I've been lurking in the recording.org forums for quite some time now soaking up all the great info everyone has to offer. Now I hope I can get some of the same help!

I have recently hooked up the S/PDIF digital output of my Numark TTX1 turntable to the digital input of my Auiophile 192, but there's a problem. I have a constant noise at around 20 hz and below at -30 dB or so, which causes a DC offset in my recording. Of course, I can use a high pass to roll of this subsonic noise, but that's not really a solution.

What's causing this?

I tried 2 different turntables. I tried selecting different samplerates in the MAudio control panel. I haven't tried another audio input (I don't have one), nor have I tried a different cable.

Here's a screenshot of the input level monitor, the recording, and a frequency analysis.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Topic Tags

Comments

dabmeister music Wed, 11/23/2005 - 05:53

Have you checked for any possible ground loops/faults? Also bad wiring & shielding usually creates these types of artifacts in your recordings. And since you're using the digital connections, I'd make sure the cabling is specifically made for a digital coax connection (usually rated @ about 75ohm). That's pretty much the best advice I can give you for now.