Skip to main content

ok, what is the best option for monitoring, he question is what is the best way to seting connection between Digi003 Factory and JBL monitors LSR4328P:

a) Main/Alt monitor output of the DIGI003 (TRS) to the analog input of the monitors (TRS)

b) Main/Alt monitor output of the DIGI003 (TRS) to the analog input of the monitors (XLR)

c) & d) As above, but Output 1-2 of the DIGI003

e) SPDIF output of the DIGI003 to the SPDIF input of the monitors

Topic Tags

Comments

jg49 Wed, 04/15/2009 - 08:50

I think that with quality cables a&b are the same thing, if I had either type of cable that is what I would use, there will not be a sonic difference both of these connectors are balanced. Output 1&2 vs Mains has more to do with how you are routing things from your DAW so it is really just a preference, other that the fact that the volume control on the Digi for mains may not affect 1&2 and then you would have to control volume from the software.

Boswell Thu, 04/16/2009 - 03:18

There's no sonic difference between options (a) - (d), just a matter of convenience.

(e) is quite different. Here you would be using the D-A converters inside the monitors rather than those in the 003. It's your choice as to which you prefer.

Try both analog (from one of (a) to (d)) and digital (e). If you are happy with the sound from either configuration, then my preference would be to use the analog route with a passive volume control in line. (e.g. SM Pro Audio Nanopatch or MPatch-2).