Skip to main content

Does anyone have an extra clip for a Sennheiser 421 that they'd be willing to sell me? It's the old model, the U-5. I got a good deal on the mic but it didn't have a clip.

thanks,
Nick

Topic Tags

Comments

KurtFoster Mon, 03/31/2003 - 13:52

Han,
That is very interesting... is it possible for you to post a picture to show us all? I still don't understand how you did this, but my interest is peaked!

Nick,
If all else fails, Sennheiser is making a shock mount for the 421.. that might be a way to go on this. I think they are about $40 and would probably be a lot sturdier than the original "PITA" clip... Kurt

anonymous Tue, 04/01/2003 - 12:00

Kurt

It's quite simple as you can see. The trick is you have to make it so tight that you must firmly press the clip into the mic.

The original clip has the little button for vocalists in order to take it in hands, but who uses a 421 on stage for vocals these days?

The 421 is a really great classic microphone, but the clip sucks big time :D

Peace, Han

TheSoundman Tue, 04/01/2003 - 16:10

I just recently posted a comment in another topic area of this site about what a mess those original 421 clips were. As a matter of fact, most of the 421's I ran across in live sound were an absolute mess, probably mainly due to falling off the stand.

Han's idea is a classic. Cheap (hell, free if you actually have broken clips on hand, and who doesn't?) and effective. As soon as I saw the pic, I recognized how effective the design could be. Thanks Han. I'll pass it on if you don't mind.