Skip to main content

So, I've finally gotten around to recording a bit with the AT4080 and have to say that I really like it so far. I can't offer comparisons to really anything else other than the Fat Head 2, which I sold, but thought it may be worthwhile to post a clip since there aren't really any/many out there to be found for those that are interested in this microphone.

I don't intend for this post to be a critique of my playing or engineering abilities/lack thereof (hence posting here and not in the Song and Mix Critique section), just a sample of the mic. Everything in this recording uses the 4080, vocals, background vocals, acoustic, electric and drums. The song has basic reverb and compression applied, but no EQ, save the BGvs. I'm also only using one preamp (as bass DI too), for everything, again, except for the BGvs.
Really all I did was pan like the original song and adjust levels.

I won't go through the litany of what was used, but if you're curious, feel free and ask.

I hope it helps.

(Expired Link Removed)

Cheers.

Comments

sshack Tue, 07/20/2010 - 09:10

Thanks Bos. You're correct on the drums. I tried to play and mix the them somewhat like the original, very minimalistic so it doesn't showcase the mic very well. It was really just set up as a room mic. However, used in the context with the other mics on the kit, it actually sounds really good.
THus far I'm very happy with the 4080.