Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to built a device in which a user can select (by clicking) a max of 16 audiosources which fade in or out (if they click the icon a second time)

I have foud documentation for the M-audio 1010 with C++, but so far not with Visual Basic (6 or 2005)

My plan is to provide the user with a desktop which contains the pictures of the persons in the game (all wearing a wireless mike) and by clicking their specific picture, audio of that person becomes available

I tried using a Matrix switcher from NETWORK A6464, but each time it switches I hear a click. I want to avoid this clicking by using an audio mixer/switch like the M-Audio 1010 and to control the faders using a Visula Basic script.

ANY help will be very much appreciated

Harpert The Netherlands

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 02/08/2006 - 07:31

4me2 wrote: Hi,

I want to built a device in which a user can select (by clicking) a max of 16 audiosources which fade in or out (if they click the icon a second time)

I have foud documentation for the M-audio 1010 with C++, but so far not with Visual Basic (6 or 2005)

My plan is to provide the user with a desktop which contains the pictures of the persons in the game (all wearing a wireless mike) and by clicking their specific picture, audio of that person becomes available

I tried using a Matrix switcher from NETWORK A6464, but each time it switches I hear a click. I want to avoid this clicking by using an audio mixer/switch like the M-Audio 1010 and to control the faders using a Visula Basic script.

ANY help will be very much appreciated

Harpert The Netherlands

If the M-Audio has an API then you should be able to make calls to it using Visual Basic the same as you would in C++, unless it requires you to include header files of some kind rather than using DLLs. If they provide pre-compiled DLLs just instantiate those DLLs at the top of your VB file and then make the appropriate objects and call the appropriate methods.

~S