Skip to main content

Ok, so It has 2 XLR and 6 RCA inputs(3 pairs). Is there any way to record 8 mics simultaneously into different tracks in software? My question is more about getting the 6 mics to go into the 6 RCA inputs separately. I don't know if I need another device or preamp or whatever in between the mics and the inputs. Or something like a mixer in which you can route certain channels into rca outputs. Is it possible? Could you guys help me out? maybe name some products? Thanks in advace.

Gabriel

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Mon, 02/02/2009 - 12:09

Cheap solution:

Go to radio shack and get some TS/TRS female to RCA male adapter. From that your will need a preamp of some sort, or run the signal from your boards direct outs.

Your pretty limited with the delta 1010LT. I would try to get rid of it as soon as you can. For recording into your DAW, its best to have a balanced signal, or at least TS inputs over RCA.

On a side random note, by boss has an old Ramsa board that only has RCA in/outs aside from XLR inputs. This would be perfect for you!

Space Mon, 02/02/2009 - 17:48

homestudiogallery wrote:

Your pretty limited with the delta 1010LT.

Your pretty limited.

Sure, you may have to get OTB a lot, but the only limits I encounter is time to actually use mine:) I have a small 16 channel board and a 1010lt setup that lets me route in/out over and around the box.

I guess mostly it's my wiring genius that really enables all the flexibility. But having the Delta brought it out of me;)

Bring out your inner genius!

anonymous Tue, 02/03/2009 - 08:50

Codemonkey wrote: So the drawback to these is purely the connectors?

Can't you buy breakouts with TS jacks fitted instead of RCA?

Sure, as far as the Delta line goes in the M-audio Family, you have the Delta 44, Delta 66, Delta 1010, and the Audiophile 192 that most resembles the 1010LT.

In my opionon when recording, stay away from RCA, unless that is you have a ground of some sort, with record players.