Skip to main content

Greetings,

I have an old project packed to disc from a VS1880 that I sold a couple of years ago. Now I am wanting to unpack this project and finish it using a newer studio. However, even if I borrow a VS1880 from a friend, I noticed it doesn't export to WAV.

Anyone have any advice how I can reclaI'm my packed files and get them to a system where I can work them again?

The new system will be running Pro Tools Le.

Thanks!

Eric

Comments

Randyman... Mon, 06/20/2005 - 15:04

You could borrow a VS-2480, and import these 1880 back-up CD-R's into the 2480 (convert to a "2480 Project" on import), and then the 2480 can export the individual Wave files on CD-R (a slow process :( ).

A PITA, but that, or borrowing a 1880, and re-recording the tracks to your PC via SPDIF or analog in realtime w/ multiple passes (locked via MIDI) is you only other choice... One of the reasons I now run Nuendo on a PC :wink:

I'll tell you what - if the project is not too intense (not too many tracks or too long), I'll volunteer to burn you the Wave files with my 2480. My free time is limited, but I really sympathize with your dilema...

Reply to this thread, or e-mail me at "Randyman at gmail dot com" to let me know the whole scoop... You should be able to make a CD Copy of the Roland's B/U data CD if you use Nero 6 (older versions of Nero don't seem to be compatible with the Roland B/U data for some reason). This way, you are not risking your material by sending the CD-R in the mail (send me the COPY, and you keep the original CD-R).

:cool: