Skip to main content

I JUST GOT A ROLAND 2480CD AND A LCD MONITOR . IM NEW TO HIGH TECH RECORDING SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS USING THE SAME BOARD CAN TELL ME SOME COOL STUFF TO GET WITH THE UNIT, AND WHAT SOFTWARE RUNS BEST WITH IT WHEN I GO INTO A COMPUTER. THANKS ALSO AREN THERE ANY DVD TUTORIALS ON RECORDING AND Mixing ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sat, 08/23/2003 - 21:32

Devils Den,

Congrats on you're new purchase. I have a 2480HD and I enjoy it very much. There is another site that not only has good info on recording but might be able to help with particular issues of your recorder, vsplanet.com.

I know that there is a video our that has great information on getting to know your way around the 2480. I don't know if it's on DVD...I have a copy of it on VHS. I just went back and read that your question was not about the 2480 but I will leave the previous tidbit for you...I have not purchased any video's on recording myself. I think their are some and you may find info on ebay.

As far as software compatibility (spe?) I know that there has been a recent upgrade on the 2480 that allows you use it as an interface for other software....I'm not sure the exact software. I would encourage you to post at The Planet, I'm sure that one of the Planteers there is more informed than I.

I wouldn't get the Meter Bridge for it....you will want to get a Plextor CD burner rather than the overpriced Roland burner which is just a Plextor stuffed into a Roland shell and several hundred $ tacked on...

Another FX card is always useful...

I don't know if the meter bridge is really worth the monies, expecially since you have a monitor already...

Some guy's are hooking up an ACARD setup (do a search for ACARD on the 2480 part of The Planet) which speeds up your storage rather than backing everything up onto CD.

Backup all you're projects, for safety, all the time in case it siezes up on you...

Depending on how much work you do you will want to reformat (after all your stuff is backed up!) since it Does Not have a defrag...

I hope you enjoy it and have fun...read on The Planet so that you can know what's going on in that machine. Great bunch of guy's over there....and here!

Regards
conga

anonymous Tue, 08/26/2003 - 20:51

I have a VS-2480CD as well and although I cannot claim mastery of it, I kmow it pretty well to answer most questions. The vsplanet.com is the best place to be and you will certainly meet me there under the same name if you cone. Feel free also to e-mail me direct questions and I will be glad to answer if I can. The MB-24 is useful but no indispensible. If your budget allows, it's worth it.