Skip to main content

Any ideas as to why I would not be able to monitor on my sound card in Pro Tools? I just set up a Digi001 this last weekend. Everything works fine, except that I can't monitor or audition tracks through my sound card. The only way I can do this is through the headphone jack on the front of the Digi. I'm going to assume that all of the outputs on the back work. Also, I have no problem whatsoever playing audio clips and files through the sound card outside of Pro Tools. Just for reference, the sound card is a SoundBlaster Live and the machine is a 1GHz Pentium III with 256 MB of RAM.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Mon, 07/02/2001 - 15:24

Let me get this straight....are you trying to use the Soundblaster in Pro Tools? If so keep trying..'cause it wont happen. Digi will only use the proprietery hardware such as the Digi001 or if you had a full blown Pro tools rig it would be the 888 or whatever audio card you had. So...the sound blabber as I call it is very useless for Pro Tools. Sorry
Opus

Opus2000 Mon, 07/02/2001 - 18:15

I guess I'm confused? By tracks do you mean tracks in Pro Tools? If so, again, you can not use a soundblaster or any other audio card with Pro Tools...plain and simple. Because of Digi's code it wont allow it or even recognize it. The way that the Digidesign's hardware works is that the software looks for a certain chip on the hardware..the TDM or DSP chip. If it aint there it aint going to work. If you're trying to monitor the CD player while Pro Tools is open then take the soundblaster out into a mixer or into the Digi001. When I was using an AMIII card I was using a DVD software with Pro Tools LE running and having the DVD audio come out of the soundblabber and into my mixer which then fed my AMIII card. I monitored thru my mixer. Again, no other hardware other than Digi's hardware can be used in Pro Tools. Hope that helps
Opus

anonymous Wed, 07/25/2001 - 12:37

If you are wanting to monitor tracks within Protools LE, you have to plug into the monitor outs on the 001 unit. The software sends the signal there. This is why you get it on the headphones. You plugged them in the right place. Your sound card does not relate to PTLE.

This is my understanding. I am tracking in Digi-001 right now and having a ball.
:cool: