Skip to main content

I have used the attenuator several times to get boost from a signal when needed...noticed it only goes up 1 position to plus 6db. but also goes the opposite direction quite a bit more...when would you use that application, in leiu of simply bringing down the fader? thanks is advance...

Comments

Curve Dominant Tue, 05/22/2001 - 21:14

I dunno, bro. I'm using the VS880EX, and the attenuator goes 12 dB increments in either direction.

You would boost or cut the attenuator to maximize/minimize the incoming signal.

Maybe you should explain in more detail exactly why you're tweaking the attenuators, and I or someone else lurking here could guide you to the results that you're seeking.

anonymous Wed, 05/23/2001 - 03:14

As I recall, my 1880 gives 6db boost, and near 40 db reduction....(somewhere around that number)....I just discovered that last week....still waiting on my 2480 to arrive ! ha! I used the attenuato to inc 6db to boost a particular vocal part, actually a "sigh" that would not have been loud enough without the extra help..just haven't seemed to need a reduction...

if I recorded a vocal too hot and had borderline distortion, could the reduction in db help? just a guess.....thanks in advance..... :eek:

Curve Dominant Sun, 05/27/2001 - 18:46

Damn, Larry, can you believe I hadn't thought of that? That is a f*ckin' great idea. Thanks for that input, my bro!

That just goes to show y'all folks that anyone can make a contribution here, and that I'm learning at the same time as everyone.

LARRY, AH DEP-YU-TAHZ YEUW! Let's get some folks from the Planet over here. The cool ones, that is.