Skip to main content

I heard the strangest thing at Sam Ash today

:confused: While waiting for Buddy Guy to go onstage at the Cerritos, CA Perf Arts Center tonight (Thursday) I was talking to the sales dude (can I even call them a rep?) and I noticed that they sell RNCs(!) I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it. And they were $189.95. It almost looked different than mine. Older in a way. Maybe it was dusty.

NON-TDM ProTOOLS : Isn't it about time?

Digidesign needs to jump on the 2001 boat and allow us PC users our due. A 1 Ghz processer (with lots of RAM) can do just about anything a TDM system can do. Why are they so against making a system like this, hell the software is what $4K street price, they would BE CONNECTING WITH A WHOLE LEVEL OF MARKET THAT THEY HAD NOT PREVIOUSLY TOUCHED YET.

inexpensive "make-up" gain?

Those "vintage" passive EQ units sure do sound nice, but the price you pay is the need for an extra gain stage. (unless someone has a better solution?) I need two channels of gain (30db or so) to compensate for a two channel passive Telefunken EQ I just purchased. A lot of the obvious choices are now being advertised as mic preamps so their prices have skyrocketed.