Skip to main content

Hey guys I am awaiting arrival of my new Digi 002 rack (I am using an MBox currently). I am wondering which mic preamp's would be better the Digi ones in the 002 or the pre's on my Mackie 12fx. Also is there any good posts and articles about the 002 i can be directed to. Thanks a bunch Jim

Topic Tags

Comments

pmolsonmus Wed, 05/05/2004 - 10:34

The pres in the OO2R are very clean without being harsh but they offer very little color if that's what you're looking for. I think they're the equivalent to the Focusrite entry level line (in fact I think they're almost identical) I can't speak from experience but I would think they are quite a bit better than the Mackie. I use my Mackie pres only when I have to.- I like my Alesis rack mount mixer's pres better - The Mackies are bright and can give you an edge if that's what you're looking for - but my experience tells me tracks don't seem to "play nicely" when combined using the Mackies.

You should definitely check out the DIGI user conference DUC at their website. Some great informative threads by knowledgeable mods.

Phil

Markd102 Mon, 05/17/2004 - 18:09

The Mbox pres are Focusrite Platinum series (entry level).
The 002 and 002R pres are from the same R&D that went into the DigiPRE and are a bit better than the Mbox.
Both are better than the Mackie.

But neither are what I would even call mid-level.

The TL unit would probably add about the same quality level to the 002R, but would give you a different color.