Skip to main content

i have an s950 that i love but it is my noisiest piece of equipment and the only one that doesn't have a 3 prong grounded power cord. how do i change the plug?

i have already spliced a 3 prong plug-theres white green and black wires. which one is the ground and where do i connect it on the s950? (does it just connect to a metal part on the chassis?).

this is electricity so i don't want to do anything wrong and ruin my s950 or myself... please advise me! i have a soldering iron and no real knowledge of electricity (i'm dangerous)

btw: the s950 rocks for percussion (punchy) and i love its filter especially when you take it real low !

Topic Tags

Comments

ghellquist Sun, 12/05/2004 - 13:08

Hmm,
what are you trying to achieve? Grounding to mains ground will not remove noise. It might be one way to reduce hum, that is 50/60Hertz and a few multiples of that. High-frequency noise as in hiss will not be affected.

Generally, if equipment does not have grounding from the factory, it probably does not need it or may get worse if you add it.

Unless you are very sure of what you are doing, I would recommend you to avoid doing things like this.

I´ve done my share of burning electronic things and has collected quite a few shocks on the way, but I can´t say it made me any better. Really should have stayed away from it. (I tend to rationalize that I do have an electrical engineering degree and has done electrical wiring professionally, but it all amounts to fooling myself).

Gunnar

anonymous Sun, 12/05/2004 - 14:58

installed 3prong but still noise!?

gunnar thanks for your reply. too late, i already installed a 3 prong plug before i read your post. green is ground. no shock, but the noise is still there. its 60 hertz hum, not the hiss i'm trying to remove. this piece of equipment has hum while others do not, very frustrating because i use it alot. what else can be done?

anonymous Sat, 03/18/2006 - 02:12

Yo

Just copped a s950 off ebay...

i took the 2 lil plugs near the ac plug off that brown board

looks like this:
(ascii diagram represent represent )

----------------------------------------------
oooo [x x] ==
----] blue ooooooo P2 |F|
ooooooooo |u| F1
ooooooo |s|
----] brown oooo P1 |e|
[x x] ==
----------------------------------------------
Now for my question:
Does the Brown / Brown plug
thats wire runs to the power on button from the front of the case go to P1 or P2?

or if someone can just photo this area of a s900 or s950?

Cheers for the help
PEACE

x

User login