Skip to main content

Ok, my local dealer was kind enough to loan me the LA-610 from UA, and the ISA 220 by Focusrite to go with my Sennheiser MKH 416. Anyone have experience with either of these? Used exclusively for voice-over work. Thanks in advance...

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 04/28/2005 - 06:13

i'm not a fan of the 610 for VO work. too much coloration. It won't suck, just think transparency is more in order for VO. Have ya plugged in your Sennheiser into both of them yet? I do VO as well and i recall comparing the 610 to just the onboard pres of the 002r and was surprised to find myself liking the 002r better. A friend uses the 220 with a TLM-103 for VO and it sounds great. What's your voice like, is it deep, boomy, thin, raspy, etc.? And lastly, out of curiosity, where do you work out of?

anonymous Thu, 04/28/2005 - 13:44

no contest

yeah, I hooked both up last night and while the 610 is nice, the 220 is just pristine...the 610 was kinda dark. My voice is deep and the mic is perfect for me, and the 220 just makes it all sparkle. I'm in the Atlanta area and work from a formerly useless room over the garage into a full-blown VO studio with ISDN capabilities for voice sessions in real-time.

anonymous Thu, 04/28/2005 - 17:16

I don't know much about the specifics of your situation, but the ISA220 is a much more versatile unit overall. I have one and I'm very happy with it, and I'm thinking about a 6176 as a secondary channel strip for a different sonic character. It's not one I'd want as my main or only preamp, but the two do complement each other nicely...

-Duardo

x

User login